Great places to stay in Southwest Florida
Southwest Florida is breathtaking in its beauty and intriguing in its history and culture. Travelers who are headed for Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, or Tampa can check out some of the best places to stay in Southwest Florida mentioned in this article below by Southwest Florida Insider.
1. Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte
Located in the heart of Charlotte County, Port Charlotte is a vibrant small town that is not only an affordable vacation spot but is also known to be one of the best places to retire.
All the beach lovers can bask in the sunlight on the harbor-side Port Charlotte Beach Park and the 28 miles of Gulf of Mexico beaches located near Port Charlotte. Besides the beaches, Charlotte County offers 70 parks and preserves, thrilling outdoor adventures, and a variety of entertainment options such as theater and visual arts.
For those who are headed for Port Charlotte, here are some suggestions on places to stay in Southwest Florida:
- The Suites at Fishermen’s Village: Modern waterfront lodging featuring luxurious bedding, private balconies, and fully equipped kitchens.
- Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside: Located on Charlotte Harbor waterfront and convenient to the unique shops and restaurants of downtown Punta Gorda. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rswfp-four-points-punta-gorda-harborside/
- The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda: Independently owned boutique hotel featuring European-inspired decor and upscale amenities, including the Perch360 rooftop lounge and a heated rooftop pool overlooking the scenic waters of Charlotte Harbor https://www.thewyvernhotel.com/
2. Cape Coral
Located near Fort Myers and within sight of the glimmering Gulf of Mexico, Cape Coral is a vibrant and friendly community with golf courses, tennis courts, athletic parks, and nature preserves to boast of.
Besides more than 400 miles of canals, boating, fishing, and water sports, Cape Coral offers a lively strip of restaurants and stores along its Parkway. Children love the endless activities here including Sun Splash Family Water Park, Mike Greenwell’s Family Fun Park, and the 27,000-square-foot Eagle Skate Park.
Nature lovers can walk across a boardwalk in the Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve that runs through a quiet mangrove habitat without disturbing the wildlife.
Looking for suggestions in Cape Coral or near Fort Myers? Here are a few ideas:
- Latitude 26 Waterfront Boutique Resort: Beach-themed studios where guests can enjoy free kayaking, paddle boarding, bike riding, and swimming in the tiki-lined heated pool.
- Matanzas Inn: Old Florida resort-style destination featuring rooms, suites, and cottages. Located just a few steps from the beach.
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina: Beachfront resort featuring well-ventilated rooms and well-lit villas with Gulf views and contemporary décor. In addition to beach access, a marina, and water-sports equipment rentals, amenities include a spa and a fitness center. A lagoon-style pool with a waterfall is one of the three heated pools. Don’t miss the kids camp if traveling with children.
- Dolphin Key Resort: Completely renovated resort offers visitors comfortable and affordable accommodations located in the heart of the Cape Coral Entertainment District.
Tampa is a city known for all age groups, catering to all tastes. It has an interesting mix of historic architecture and modern landmarks, a culture infused with Cuban and Spanish flavors, vibrant business districts, and beautiful waterways. Downtown Tampa is alive with urban parks, including the gorgeous Tampa Riverwalk, hip bars and innovative restaurants, and amazing restorations of turn-of-the-century buildings.
For outdoor lovers, hiking, biking, paddling, or bird-watching is an easy option at one of the many parks and preserves, such as Hillsborough River State Park in Thonotosassa or Lettuce Lake Park in north Tampa.
Here are some luxury hotel options for the discerning traveler:
- Le Meridien Tampa: Upscale boutique hotel with contemporary rooms located in downtown Tampa. Dining options include a stylish French bistro and bar, and a modern cocktail lounge offering cold meat dishes. There’s also an outdoor pool, a fitness room, and a business center.
- Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection: Contemporary hotel featuring modern rooms and suites. Amenities include a rooftop lounge, a spa, an outdoor pool, and a fitness room. Cooking classes are offered for a fee. Dining options range from a patisserie to a restaurant serving New American cuisine
- JW Marriott Tampa Water Street: Luxury hotels featuring resort-style pools with private cabanas with scenic water views, outdoor terraces, six dining outlets with indoor and outdoor seating, and a wellness spa. Not to mention the luxurious guest rooms and suites with stunning cityscape and water views, modern décor, and elegant touches.
Why Southwest Florida Insider?
With the most insightful and carefully-curated content on the sights-to-see, events-to-attend, cuisines-to-try, places-to-stay, and the exciting nightlife options, Southwest Florida Insider is where travelers can find all they need to know about southwest Florida.
For more insights and travel tips, visit https://southwestfloridainsider.com